Tuesday, May 1, 2012

...God created the creatures of the sea...

I remember as a kid I was always fascinated by the ocean and everything in it...I still am. From the colors to the textures, it's all so overwhelming...(in a good way) . The peacefulness of the beach and the sound of the waves...always makes me feel so close to God...like I'm in His living room :) 

I love painting seascapes..especially underwater. And I have to say..that coral reefs are my absolute favorite. One of the things that I enjoy about painting with watercolors is that you can have as little or as much control as you want...for this one...I just let the paint drip...I created a wet wash just let the colors go...you'll see a salt shaker in one of them...I used salt to create a textured effect. 





Thanks for stopping by!
-Misty

3 comments: